Friday, April 13, 2018

April Preemie Blanket - CAL Day 13


Hello lovelies and hello to day 13.

Today we're starting to round out our wavy section of the blanket! I love how the varying stitch heights create a soft gentle wave to the fabric.

How is everyone going so far? Don't forget to share photos over on the Facebook Page

You will need:

4.5mm hook
DK/8ply/light worsted weight yarn in minimum of 6 colours.

Yarn Note: I did not start with complete balls. All 6 of my balls were originally 100g balls with a little of each used. They are a mix of Stylecraft Special DK, King Cole Pricewise and Moda Vera Marvel 8ply for my 6 colours. You could choose 6 colours and follow my colour changes, or you could make every line a different colour (excellent way to use scraps) or you could even use some self striping yarn, or a solid colour.

Colour Changes: I change my colours by completing the last yarn over and pull through of the last stitch in the row with the new colour for the next row, so I don't have to join with slip stitches. Of course, this means you'll have to redo that one last stitch each day as you won't know what colour is next, but the finished piece will be much neater this way.

My Colours are

A - Beige
B - Blue
C - Dark Blue
D - Tan
E - Mint/Turquoise

F - Dark Grey

Day 13

With E
19: Ch1, turn, sc in each stitch across. - 60



With C
20: Ch1, turn, sc in the first stitch, hdc in the next stitch, dc in the next 2 stitches, hdc in the next stitch, sc in the next stitch, *sc in the next stitch, hdc in the next stitch, dc in the next 2 stitches, hdc in the next stitch, sc in the next stitch* repeat across.


No comments:

Post a Comment